Welcome to Stamp Active
Stamp Active is a voluntary organisation which promotes stamp collecting for young people in the UK. Our website aims to provide information and activities to encourage stamp collecting among young people.
Patron: Rt. Hon Alan Johnson MP
Alan Johnson MP is a former Home Secretary and was once a postman. He says “Stamp collecting has given many hours of pleasure to millions of people over the years. It is a remarkable offshoot of Rowland Hill’s most famous initiative combining the appreciation of art, geography and communications in one satisfying pursuit.”
NEW ADDITIONS TO THE SITE (updated 10/11/2016) : See the News section for the latest information on youth membership of the Royal Philatelic Society London as well as results from Autumn Stampex with prize winners and much more….you can now download the Stamp Active Activity Book “All Creatures Great and Small” from the Fun and Games page. There are also images from the British Youth Stamp Championships on the Competitions page.
On our website you will find sections on:
- NEWS with details of events and competitions for young collectors and much more. This section also has information on COMPETITIONS to enter including THE STAMP ACTIVE COMPETITION, sponsored by the GBPS and THE BRITISH YOUTH STAMP CHAMPIONSHIPS, sponsored by Stanley Gibbons, for those interested in displaying their collections.
- KIDSTAMPS, our free postal club for young collectors between the ages of 5 and 19, providing stamps, activities and much more to make your hobby even more fun!
- FUN & GAMES for you to download and develop your interest and knowledge of stamps.
- STARTING and RUNNING A JUNIOR STAMP CLUB with information on STARTER PACKS, sponsored by Stanley Gibbons, for new school and junior stamp clubs.
- The STAMP DEN with downloads of information and advice on HOW TO START and develop your knowledge of stamps and collecting.
- STAMPS IN SCHOOLS, sponsored by The Postal Museum (formerly known as BPMA), is an independent project run by Erene Grieve, which provides a fun-packed day of stamp collecting displays and activities for primary schools in the UK.
- CONTACT US for more information and to register as a stamp club organiser
- ARCHIVE with access to more activity ideas
- LINKS to other useful stamp sites and organisations